BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION | OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT | STRATEGY AND MARKETING LEADER
I am a results-oriented leader with a recent track record of significant revenue generation and turning
around businesses in Upstream and Marine operations, during the most challenging period, through the
application of innovative technology and disruptive methods. I am a proven leader with a strong executive
presence, capable of blending big-picture viewpoints with tactical considerations to inspire, build trust,
and achieve record growth.
I have a balanced strength on the technical and commercial side of the industry, and I strongly believe
that I can bring a lot of transferable skills into this role. In my current role as the Head of Sales for North
America, my main task is to transform the way the organization market its product, with the focus on
creating value propositions to the customers. Before that, I was heading the Operations Department for
UMW Oil and Gas (now known as Velesto Energy). I was directly responsible for all the revenue generation
activities for the company, which includes the offshore jack-up operations, workover rigs, and also four
manufacturing plants located in 4 different countries. Through my transformative, creative, strategic,
collaborative, and influential approach, including several strategic agreements with our vendors, I was
able to lead the team that managed to turn around six consecutive loss-making quarters during one of
the most challenging periods in the upstream oil and gas industry.
In both these recent roles, my focus has been similar – to grow and optimize how the organization runs,
both on the technical and business side. Through my leadership and teamwork, we were able to deliver
the targeted profitability and, most importantly, safety and operational performance both to the
customers and also the organization. All these were achieved through many innovations in operating a
drilling rig company, enabling UMW to be the ‘best-in-class’ performer.
During my almost two decades in the oil and gas industry, I have gained substantial knowledge and
expertise in field operations (onshore and offshore), supply chain, marketing, asset management, and
knowledge across all upstream product line, across five continents. I believe that the skills and experiences
I have gained at these positions make me an ideal candidate for this position in your organization.
As a firm believer in continuous learning, I’m currently enrolled in the EMBA program at Texas A&M (parttime).
Coupled with my current experience and knowledge in transforming organization during a critical
and challenging period, I am confident that I will benefit your organization tremendously in a suitable role.
Intertek – Asset Integrity Management
Head of Sales – North America (June 2019 – current)
Recruited and led the sales team member to achieve consistent double-digit revenue growth. Strategically refocused the sales
efforts to create value drive differentiators, to overcome a very competitive market in the region.
RHIS Group (October 2018 – May 2019)
Corporate Advisor (Consultant)
Management consulting advisor, specializing in strategic market representation, products/services development, and placement.
Built partnerships with organizations around the world, representing products and services in Asia and North America. Expert in
providing professional advice to enter and strategically grow business.
UMW Oil and Gas (May 2015 – August 2018)
Head of Operations
Head of Drilling Services
Industry recognized leader delivering best in class safety and cost performance with a constant focus on team development and
value creation. Successfully led the organization during a challenging industrial downturn, while continuously delivering
operational and financial performance. Full accountability for all company’s revenue-generating operations, which included seven
high-specification offshore jack-ups and five workover rigs, and four manufacturing plants regionally. Direct reporting to the
President of the company and member of the Board Executive Committee.
Critical Organizational strategic improvements and achievements
● Leader towards ‘regenerative’ QHSE culture and operational effectiveness in the organization.
● Directly accountable in delivering a total revenue of ~$180 M during the industry-wide downturn
● 45% reduction in OPEX for the offshore jack-up fleet (2015 – 2018), turning around six consecutive loss-making quarters,
under extremely challenging revenue and pricing environment
● Organized and led an internal development program, with 35 engineers fast-tracked thru rig site supervisors program
● Fleet-wide rig uptime (~98.5%), which includes new builds and reactivation of idle rigs
● On-time and on-budget (Capital Spending) reactivation of six rigs and one shipyard (SPS) during 2016 – 2018 period
● Extensive industry knowledge and a frequent speaker for regional technical conferences:
o IADC - March 2017 Kuala Lumpur – ‘Is the industry ready to pick up the pieces’
o IADC- January 2018 Ho Chi Minh City – ‘How is the Industry Re-Shaping for a Safe and Sustainable Future’
o OPITO GLOBAL Conference November 2018 Kuala Lumpur – ‘Skilled for Safety’
● Vice-Chair for International Association of Drilling Contractors (2018)- South East Asia Chapter
Country Director - Malaysia (Jul 2011 – Apr 2015)
Rig Manager – Galveston Key (Jackup) & Actinia (Semi-Submersible)
Focal person for Transocean’s operations in Malaysia, with direct responsibilities for planning, operating, finance, HR, labor
relation, training, sales, and business development. Managed, directly and indirectly, up to 300 personnel within the region.
Critical Organizational strategic improvements and achievements
● Successfully negotiated the first contract signed post-Macondo in Malaysia by Transocean
● Planned and executed the shipyard repair project (UWILD and SPS) in Q2 – Q3 2012, delivering the project on time
and under budget.
● Significantly improved overall rig’s performance thru strong emphasize of service delivery excellence - 0 LTI and 0.15%
downtime performance for the Galveston Key in 2012
● Collaborated with customers extensively to optimize well design and construction process, including the successful
installation of the West Desaru platform with an offshore jack-up rig (first of its kind in Malaysia)
● Achieved > 70% nationalization for field crew in Malaysia
● Led the Transocean team to be recognized as the Best Training Vendor by Petronas in 2014.
Maxwel - Malaysia (Sep 2009 – Jun 2011)
Business Development Manager
● Drilling Segment Account Manager for Transocean Malaysia. Planned, create, and executed the marketing and business
development activities for drilling rigs with Petronas and all other operators in Malaysia. The architect for several
strategic business plans and relationship building, to penetrate the market, and leveraging the competitive advantages
Schlumberger (Drilling and Measurements) (Jun 2000 – Aug 2009)
Asset Manager - Malaysia
Field Service Manager (Unconventional) - Oklahoma
Real-Time Solutions Global Product Champion - Houston and Worldwide
Drilling Optimization Engineer - Houston
MWD / LWD Engineer – GOM, Venezuela, Alaska
● Awarded the highest level of recognition in
● A leader for Safety (HSE) in the organization
● Business performance transformation
through the application of
innovation/technology, analytics, and thrive
in a continually disruptive world
● Strategic Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting,
Profit and Loss Management
● Collaborative, and excelled in working in
multi-disciplinary areas (operations,
finance, HR, supply chain, and sales) to
achieve targeted goals
● Continuous Improvement in Quality,
Policies, Performance, Process, and
exceptional creativity, problem-solving and
● Proven ability to drive the development of a
performance-centric culture through
communication, coaching, mentoring, and
● Excellent Presentation and Communication
● Excellent consulting skills including deep
business acumen, strategic plans, and well developed
analytical and problem-solving
● Collaborative and Consultative selling
Executive MBA candidate for Class of 2021 at Texas A&M Mays Business School – current GPA 4.0
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, UNIVERSITY OF TULSA: Oklahoma, USA, 1999