Asam, Sai Gowthami
Sai Gowthami Asam
Senior Structural (Project) Engineer -
Motivated Engineering Professional with 14 years industry experience in Civil Structural Engineering, Design, Analysis and Construction projects (Offshore Steel Structures).
Detail oriented Project Engineer looking forward to leverage gained technical expertise, project management, leadership skills and make a leap with positive impact.
* As the lead Structural Project engineer, led a team of 2 designers to
deliver the design solutions, drawing packages on time.
* Mentored junior engineers, interns, managed designers working on
the projects, and participated in peer reviews.
* Coordinated with vendors, construction managers, facility
managers, testing and operations team regularly.
* Performed cost estimation, quantity takeoffs, monitored resources,
budget, and presented progress reports.
* Produced equipment layout, fabrication, test, rigging drawings,
detailed technical reports (applied loads, structural design and lift
analysis reports), installation, operation and removal procedures for
* Developed System Integration Tests (SIT) for all projects to simulate
operational loading scenarios and verified structural adequacy prior
to shipping offshore. Reviewed pre/post NDE reports, performed
* Visited offshore oil/gas platforms, construction facilities (onshore)
for site surveying and performed equipment layout checks prior to
design of the interface steel structures.
* Applied engineering principles such as strength of materials, soil
mechanics, structural steel design, and performed stability (lateral,
gravity, live loads) checks on the foundations, design structures.
* Performed the following types of structural design and analysis
> Global and local strength checks on decks and jackets
> Spreader Beam, Bar, Plate Girder Beam checks
> Lifteye Design – in-plane, out-of-plane, eccentrically loaded
> Eccentrically loaded welded and bolted connections
> Torsion, Shear, Bending controlled beams
> Beam Column Design, Bearing Pressure
> Column Buckling, Shear Flow
Awards and Certifications
CREDENTIALS AND CERTIFICATIONS
EIT #60599 (TBPE) - Oct 2025 | HUET - Aug 2023 | TWIC - June 2021
AWARDS, PROFESSIONAL AND VOLUNTEERING ACTIVITIES
* ASIE (American Society of Indian Engineers and Architects) - Young
Engineer of the Year 2016
IT Chair 2014 | Secretary 2015 | Treasurer 2016 | President 2018 |
Scholarship Committee Chair 2019
* Toastmasters International - District 56 - Blue Frog Toastmasters Club
Vice President Education 2019 | President 2020 | N25 Area Director
2020 - 2021
* EngineerGirl, MathCounts, SEFH (Science and Engineering Fair of
Houston) & Future City - Active Volunteer
* Successfully performed and delivered over 30 full life cycle structural
steel design projects (offshore) starting from conceptualization, design,
engineering, fabrication, testing, commissioning, operations and
* Performed 3D modeling, lift analysis checks (deck salvaging projects)
for over 20 topsides and 5 jackets.
* Delivered detailed structural analysis reports to clients highlighting
Unity Checks and modes of failure.
* Good understanding of industry design processes, steel structures,
construction means and methods.
* Successfully led both long-term (3 years) and short-term (3 months)
projects from start to finish.
* Good understanding of work flow in Offshore, Marine, Construction and
Heavy Equipment Lifting Industries.
* Efficiently collaborated with the drafting, construction teams to deliver
projects on time per budget and schedule.
* Coordinated with QA/QC teams and actively involved in reviewing
pre/post test NDE reports.
* Led and participated in Design Reviews, Project Presentations, Kick-off
meetings with Clients and project teams.
* Proficient in load path analysis and application of API RP 2A, AISC, ASD,
and DNV codes to designs.
* Good understanding of applicable codes and industry standards ASCE,
ACI, ASTM, IBC, OSHA, NFPA, NDS.
* Proficient in using CAD (2D/3D), FEA softwares, Project Management
and MS Office tools.
* Proficient in authoring, reviewing engineering drawings, complex
design/load calculations, technical proposals, specifications and
contractual agreements, coordinate design plans with other engineering
* Demonstrated strong analytical abilities and recommended corrective
actions, solutions to the project team.
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
and teams in parallel.
* CAD : AutoCAD Mechanical (2D), Autodesk Inventor (3D), Navisworks,
Solidworks, Mathcad, Revit
* FEA : Sesam GeniE, ANSYS, Autodesk Simulation (ALGOR)
* Office Tools : Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project
Leadership | Communication | Team Collaboration | Project Management | Mentoring
* Master of Science (MS) in Mechanical Engineering Rolla, MO
Missouri University of Science and Technology (MST)
* Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Mechanical Engineering India
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU)