Andrew Govert 2021
With 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in complex roles requiring exceptional technical, analytical, and managerial expertise. Throughout my career, I have established a track record of success by leveraging a collaborative work style to accomplish all short- and long-range objectives. An engaging and articulate communicator, I am able to clearly convey complex information and build consensus with key stakeholders, including high-value clients and executive leaders. Furthermore, my focus on remaining at the forefront of managing geological operations, research methodologies, reservoir analysis, and project management enables me to drive innovation and maintain a competitive advantage.
A small selection of my key projects and accomplishments includes…
- Currently taking University of Oklahoma Hydrology Masters program, graduate August 2022.
- Actively learning how to use GSFLOW and MODFLOW.
- On track to have PG license by Spring 2022
- +8 years of using organic/inorganic geochemistry to answer key subsurface questions in oil and gas.
- Proven success in leveraging latest tools and technologies for static reservoir modeling program development, modern energy challenges resolution, and data analysis.
- Designed and implemented the first 3D reservoir modeling in Cimarex to assist machine learning effort with geology based subsurface input parameters which subsequently used as an input in the machine learning model and ranked modeled parameters amid top 5 predictive attributes.
- Successfully rolled out petrophysical modeling and LWD technology to steer in rock which resulted in +9% EUR uplift in wells.
Cimarex Exploration | Tulsa, OK
Geologist / Core Subject Matter Expert, 05/2014 – 09/2020
Shell Exploration & Production Company | Houston, TX
Geologist - Technology Expertise and Deployment Division, 10/2010 – 04/2014
Shell Rocky Mountain Production | Pinedale Field, WY
Geologist, 11/2009 – 10/2010
Shell Rocky Mountain Production | Pinedale Field, WY: Geology Intern
Platte River Associates | Boulder, CO: Geology Intern / Assistant Geologist
Shell Exploration and Production Company | Houston, TX: Geology Intern
Advanced Terra Testing | Lakewood, CO: Assistant Lab Technician
Well log analysis
Core, cuttings, hydrocarbon analysis
Software: Spotfire, WellCAD, Petrel, Petra, Kingdom, GIS, Python, SQL
Formations Worked: Lance, Eagleford, Buda, Utica, Marcellus, Woodford, Wolfcamp, Bone Spring, Meramec, Vaca Muerta, Bazhenov, Morrow, Haynesville
Colorado School of Mines | Golden, CO: Master of Science (MSc) in Geological Sciences
Colorado School of Mines | Golden, CO: Bachelor of Science (BS) in Geological Engineering
University of Oklahoma | Norman, OK: Master of Science (Msc) in Hydrology | Anticipated completion 08/2022