Geologist with eighteen years of Oil and Gas industry experience, international and domestic. I enjoy interpretation from basin to field level stratigraphy and structural geology, construction of 2D and 3D reservoir frameworks for development, exploration, business development and new ventures purposes, as well as mentoring and collaborating in multidisciplinary teams. Oil and Gas experience in the following areas: Rocky Mountain basins in Colorado and Wyoming. Permian / Midland basin. California, San Joaquin, and Ventura Basins. Open to explore new opportunities of advancement in other disciplines such as digital transformation and emerging technologies, renewables and sustainability.
Aptian SAS, Roasted Coffee Production. Remote, Colombia, South America, Co-founder, Project Manager, June/20 to present
• Company web site co-development and customization.
• Project and company activities control and coordination.
Anschutz Exploration Corporation, Senior Geologist, Denver, Co
Geology and Geophysics Department, Nov/14 to May/20
• Data gathering and interpretation of Denver-Julesburg (DJ) Basin Cretaceous plays to high-grade focus areas for business development and new ventures.
• Correlation of 8,000+ well logs and reservoir mapping. Prospect generation.
• Developed DJ Basin ranking and tier system for the company to use in business development, new ventures, and non-operated recommendations.
• Powder River Basin Shannon Formation reservoir interpretation.
• Lead Geologist in the reserves evaluation team.
Occidental Oil & Gas Corp, Permian Exploitation, Geological Advisor, Houston, TX. Reservoir Characterization & Recovery Design Team, Dec/13 to Sept/14
• Part of the team that assisted all RMTs (Reservoir Management Teams) to analyze and define best practices for reservoir development.
• Constructed 3D Petrel software geological model in Midland Basin operated fields for development optimization.
• Launching of the regional Permian Basin microseismic data base platform using Spotfire.
OXY USA, Inc., Midcontinent BU, Development Geological Advisor, Houston, TX
Piceance RMT, May/12 to Nov/13
• Generated detailed reservoir interpretation for Niobrara and tight gas Williams Fork reservoirs.
• Lead geologist in multidisciplinary team for field development re-evaluation, geological interpretation and integration for new development strategy addressing historical depletion challenges.
• Challenged old petrophysical interpretation and carried out new interpretation for improved GIP estimation.
• Annual company reserves process and OBO projects evaluations geological duties.
• Mentored three early carrier geologists and coordinated their projects.
Occidental of Elk Hills, Senior Development Geologist, Bakersfield, CA
Shale RMT. Accomplishment: Graduated from the “OXY five-year training program”, Oct/10 to Apr/12
• Proposed and designed horizontal trajectories for 40+ wells in a high profile and fast paced development program integrating a large multidisciplinary team.
• Decided on casing point and TD depths calls for 35+ wells.
• Integrated the multidisciplinary team that implemented casing-while-drilling operations for the first-time in the Business Unit.
• Contributed to the detailed structural geology 3D model for Monterey Fm, Gunslinger structure.
VPC (a subsidiary of Occidental Oil & Gas), Senior and Staff Geologist, Bakersfield, CA, Aug/06 to Sept/10
Ojai Field, Ventura Basin, South RMT
• Created first 3D structural interpretation of the Monterey Fm in Ojai Field using Petrel and GeoGraphix. Modeled 200+ wells in a complex structural setting.
• Development and exploration well proposals after 20 years of inactivity.
Mount Poso Field, San Joaquin Basin, Heavy Oil RMT
• Developed detailed 3D model for Pyramid Hill Fm heavy oil reservoir using Petrel and GeoGraphix.
• Proposed, designed and geosteered the first seven horizontal wells of the field.
• Project geologist for waterflood pilot design.
Kern Front Field, San Joaquin Basin, Heavy Oil RMT
• Lead geologist for development and operations at Kern Front Field Steamflood (Drilled 80+ wells).
• Created first full-field 3D Petrel model for fluvial sands reservoir, OOIP, and annual reserves report.
• Team award for Steamflood Operations Optimization.
Occidental of Permian, Development Geologist, Midland, TX
Goldsmith, Seminole and Cowden RMT, Exploration and Exploitation Group Aug/05 to Jul/06
• Reservoir mapping of the Devonian Fm in Permian Basin asset. Designed first horizontal well in the area with strong results.
• Identified behind-casing pay and plug-back opportunities in uneconomic and inactive wells.
Occidental of Elk Hills, Operations Geologist, Tupman, CA
Elk Hills Field, Feb/05 to Jul/05
• Completed six-month training program: Onsite well log quality control and Operations Geology.
Occidental de Colombia, Exploration Geologist, Bogotá, Colombia
Upper Magdalena Valley (UMV), Exploration Geologist Aug/03 to Jan/05
• Built geological database, correlated wells and generated prospects in blocks of the UMV.
Eastern Llanos and Caño Limon Field, Internship and Thesis Work, Dec/01 to May/03
• Internship: Regional study of Eastern Llanos Basin, geochemistry, and water flow dynamics.
• Thesis work: Facies Analysis of the Cretaceous K2A unit, Cravo Norte, Arauca, Colombia.
ECOPETROL - Field Geologist, Huila, Colombia
El Pensil Exploratory Block, Upper Magdalena Valley (UMV), Jul/01
• Surface field geology mapping. Assisted in field work and report preparation.
Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Professor Assistant, Bogotá, Colombia, Feb/01 to Dec/01
• Preparation of class materials for Paleontology I and II courses. Creation of first paleontology samples inventory for University museum collection.
Awards and Certifications
Team award for Steamflood Operations Optimization. 2007
* Good knowledge in GeoGraphix
* Intermediate knowledge in Petrel
* Intermediate knowledge in WordPress
* Willingness to learn
* Geology Professional Degree, Feb/98 to Jun/03. Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá.
* Currently pursuing Project Management certificate
* Currently pursuing Foundational Certificate in Botanical Art and Illustration from Denver Botanic Gardens and Diploma in Botanical Illustration. Completed 225 hours of instruction so far. Expected graduation: 2022