Achille Wabo Djepum
Achille Wabo Djepum
Professional Engineer offering 12 years’ experience backed by sound education and training in Data Analytics, Drilling Operations, Field and Remote Operations, full range Measurement / Logging While Drilling MWD/LWD technology, Occupational Safety, Data and Service Quality. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment or independently. Excellent multitasking ability, working under pressure and swiftly adapting to dynamic requirements. Motivated and meticulous with a passion for continuous improvement and a strong work ethic.
Houston TX, United States
Schlumberger, Various Locations 02/2008 – 04/2020
Remote Operations Engineer, Houston, TX, 05/2019 – 04/2020
Delivered Logging While Drilling (LWD) services remotely in North Gulf of Mexico and Alaska.
• Improved overall operational efficiency via sound planning, reduced rework to prevent Non-Productive Time (NPT), costly bit trips ($1Million / day) and reduced safety risks to field crew.
• Reduced Surveying uncertainty in real time caused by highly variable magnetic field.
• Monitored Drilling dynamics for Extended Reach Drilling to prolong tool life, improved hole cleaning to prevent stuck pipe, aiming to eliminate NPT.
• Delivered High-Tier services: field tested latest LWD technology. Results will determine future technology development and client's buy-in.
• Worked in fast-paced operations; made contingency plans to adjust on very short notice.
• Managed workload, up to 4 rigs per 12-hours shifts, with near 70% utilization, while delivering flawless service quality.
• Re-enforced client's trust in remote operations business model, securing future business.
Schlumberger – General Field Engineer, Newfoundland, 02/2008 – 04/2019
Assumed project team lead role, Took ownership of LWD service delivery at wellsite. Project: Tracked and optimized Cost of Service Delivery (COSD) with $277k / 25% reduction YOY
• Lead team of 6 field engineers during execution/ monitoring/ closing phases of drilling operation
• Provided expert advice during Drilling Well On Paper DWOP and pre-spud meetings and wrote client-specific SOP; kept current with changes in technologies.
• Monitored hydraulics to advise drillers on any sign of hole problems; mitigated shocks and vibrations to reduce Non-Productive Time NPT and improve drilling efficiency.
• Basket tested Bottom Hole Assemblies (BHA) to confirm LWD tools / software compatibility.
• Participated in failure investigations to prevent future occurrences / improved BHA reliability.
• Accelerated learning curve by capturing / distributing Lessons learned during After Action Reviews; mentored over 20 junior engineers.
Schlumberger – Engineer in Charge, Douala, Cameroon, 01/2011 – 02/2014
Project management of LWD service delivery for 3 wells. Planned and Reviewed LWD tool order to ensure tool specifications were within drilling and environmental parameter constraints.
• Coordinated team of 20 throughout planning, execution, monitoring and closing phases
• Supported wellsite crew requirement; Followed-up on drilling tools mobilization.
• Performed billing and revenue tracking.
• Prepared bidding documents for submission to Request for Proposals RFP
Schlumberger – Radiation Safety Officer, Douala, Cameroon 08/2010 - 02/2014
Administered monitoring through dosimeter. Performed radio-active source administration inventory and leak testing; shipped radio-active source in compliance with international regulations.
• Improved Radiation score Card from Category 3 Non-compliant (50%) to Category 1 (90%) compliance to Schlumberger radiation standard and country regulations
• Performed party audits and implemented Remedial Work Plans
• Coordinated Inspection by IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) in 2013.
Schlumberger – Safety and Quality Team Leader, Douala, Cameroon, 02/2008 – 02/2014
Coordinated activities of Loss Prevention Team and Quality Steering Committee Team.
• Improved location wellsite standard audit compliance from Non-Compliant (50%) to Basic Compliance (75%).
• Implemented QHSE reward system that increased hazard identification awareness and hazard reporting entries / improved employee safety behavior through meetings / training.
• Improved overall workplace safety by developing preventive plans and communicating suggestions and quality improvement plans to management.
Awards and Certifications
************************* ACCOMPLISHMENTS *************************
• 2020: Authored “Management of Innovation in global organizations – Case of Schlumberger” published in volume 22(11), 2020 at Journal of Applied Business and Economics (www.nabpress.com)
• 2020: Authored "Ramp Up of Logging While Drilling Remote Operation Hits a Wall" available at https://pubs.spe.org/en/dsde/dsde-article-detail-page/?art=7420
• 2014: Schlumberger VP Award Winner - Introduction of SeismicVISION LWD service in Canada
• 2012: Success in HPHT Well Execution for EurOil Cameroon
• 2002: The youngest and most deserving laureate of Littoral province in Cameroon
• 2002: Ranked 1st over 2000 candidates at Polytechnique engineering school entrance exam
******************** CERTIFICATIONS | AFFILIATION ********************
• Schlumberger Training: Engineer-1(2008), Scope Class (2009), Advanced Interpretation (2010), Grade-11 GFE Controls (2011), QHSE-2(2011), Measurements Deepwater Class(2015), Radiation Safety Officer (2010), Remote Operations Engineer (2019), OFS-1(2008), OFS-2(2009), OFS3 (2011)
• Gulf Of Mexico Safety certificates expiry dates: TWIC (2027), Safe Gulf/Rig Pass(Permanent), H2S (2018), T-HUET (2021), Personnel Transfer/Swing Rope (No Expiry), Respirator Fit Test (2018), Medical(2020), Commentary Task Assessment (2020)
• Professional Engineer, P.E (APEGA.CA)
• Project Management Professional, PMP (PMI.ORG)
• Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, CSSBB (ASQ.ORG, Sixsigma-Institute.org)
• Certified Analytics Professional (Informs.org)
• Data / Service Quality Assurance / Control
• Remote Operations, Project Management
• Field Service Engineer, Operation support
• Radiation Safety, QHSE
• Wellbore Surveying, Survey corrections
• Technical Support, Service Delivery
• Drilling Optimization, Shocks, Vibrations
• Field Data Acquisition, WITS, WITSML
• Data Science, Business Analytics
• Images, Telemetry, Data transmission
• Deepwater, HPHT, MPD, Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic East Canada, Gulf of Guinea, Qatar, Guyana, Land, ESSO Chad
• Engineering specifications, Six Sigma Black Belt
• Software: Python, R, SQL, Microsoft Office suite, MS. Project, Maxwell, HSPM, IDEAL, InterAct, Perform Toolkit PTK, TechLog, Welleye, Drilling Office, DDToolbox
• LWD technologies: Resistivity, Density, Porosity, Acoustics, Geosteering, GeoStopping, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Spectroscopy, Gamma Ray, Sigma, Internal/ Annular Pressure, Temperature, Formation Pressure, permeability Drilling Mechanics, Module
• MWD Technologies: Mud Pulse Telemetry, Washout Detection, Stuck Pipe prevention
2020: Master of Technology Management, Engineering & Applied Sciences (GPA 3.9 / 4)
Operations / Innovation / Risk Analysis, Manufacturing and Engineering Technology - Quality Systems - Sustainability and Environment Responsibility - Project Management - International Development.
Memorial University of Newfoundland – Canada
2020: Post Graduate Certificate, Applied Data Science
Python, Data Analysis and Visualization, Statistics, Distributions, Sampling, Hypothesis Testing, Regression, Modeling and Interpretation, Classification with K-Nearest Neighbors, Decision Tree Models, Clustering, Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, Data Wrangling, Pattern exploration
Columbia Engineering – United States of America
2007: Bachelors & Master of Science (M.S.) Industrial Engineering, with High Honors (GPA: 3.81/4)
Ecole Nationale Superieure Polytechnique - Cameroon