Unlocking the Challenge of Heavy Oil – Making the Pieces of the Puzzle Fit Together From Upstream to Downstream
This SPE/AIChE Workshop joint workshop is the first of its kind, drawing on upstream and downstream experts to address boundary-spanning issues. Experts from both SPE and AIChE will lead upstream and downstream engineers, scientists, and managers as they share ideas and solutions to the challenges of unlocking heavy-oil reserves. Questions to be discussed include:
- Processing 101: What happens upstream and downstream?
- What are the biggest challenges to heavy oil production?
- What tools and techniques are operators currently using to unlock these valuable reserves?
- What technical gaps block efforts to make heavy oil available?
- How do challenges vary between producing heavy oil onshore and offshore?
- What advanced heavy-oil processing methods are employed today?
- How can the viscosity be reduced to address processing and flow assurance issues?
For program and sponsorship information, or to register for this event, go to www.spe.org/atws.
Sponsorship SupportSponsorship support helps offset the cost of producing ATWs and allows
SPE to keep the attendance price within reach of operations-level
individuals, those who benefit most from these technical workshops.
Sponsors benefit both directly and indirectly by having their names associated with a specific ATW.
While SPE prohibits any type of commercialism within the conference hall itself, the society recognizes that sponsoring companies offer valuable information to attendees outside the technical sessions.
Sponsorship CategoriesSponsorships are offered on a first come basis. Please contact SPE to verify the availability of a particular sponsorship. Existing sponsors have the opportunity to renew the same level of sponsorship for annual ATWs.
- Coffee Break
Sponsorship BenefitsIn addition to onsite recognition;
SPE will recognize sponsors on the SPE website and in all printed material for the ATW. Based on the sponsorship selected, sponsoring companies also receive logo visibility on promotional ATW items; a half-page, full-color ad in the ATW Technical Program; and up to 2 delegate passes to the ATW.
For More InformationFor a detailed list of available sponsorships, including
benefits and pricing, contact
Susan Wooten, SPE Workshops,
Moody Gardens Hotel and Conference Center
Seven Hope Boulevard
Galveston , Texas 77554