YP: CycleHouston Bicycle Build: POSTPONED
Event to be rescheduled in late Jan. or early Feb.
Your Registration is not complete until you register with CYCLE Houston
Please Follow the instruction below
Join SPE Young Professionals for the annual Bicycle Build with CycleHouston.
Each year this organization partners with elementary schools to encourage students in kindergarten through third grade to improve reading skills, behavior and attendance.
Those students who commit to a special monitoring program and fulfill all necessary requirements are rewarded with a bike!
SPE Young Professionals will be assisting with assembling some of 150,000 bikes to be delivered to these students the week before Christmas.
There is a donation required of $65 USD per participant. This almost covers the cost of one bicycle.
Please also register at the CYCLE Houston site here https://cyclehouston.org/bike-build-registration/
- Fill out name, email, & phone number
- Select Eliot Elementary for 12/04/2021 9am-Noon
- Under Registrant option select Individual, and then type "1" in the box below.
- Select "No Extra Gear"
- Register and Pay
For questions or inquiries, please contact Rakib, email@example.com
To learn more about CycleHouston please visit https://cyclehouston.org/get-involved/bike-builds/
Useful information for Bike Build 2021
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
• Please bring your receipt.
• Wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable clothing. Protective gloves are optional.
• Bring 13mm and 15mm wrenches, a Philips head screwdriver, a 5mm Allen wrench, and scissors to cut plastic strapping.
• Please do not bring power tools.
WHERE TO GO:
• Meet at your selected school at the time specified.
WHEN YOU GET THERE:
• Present your receipt to a representative.
• You may be asked to sign a waiver.
• Before you begin, you will be shown the bike-building process. (You'd be surprised at how many bikes our veteran volunteers have to fix!)
• You will then be free to collect bikes to build one at a time.
• After building your bike, you will take it to the Quality Assurance team to be checked.
• Once your bicycle is cleared, deliver it to the staging space, clean up any scraps, and then collect a new box and start the process over again!
WHAT TO EAT:
• Water and soda will be available.
• You may pack a sandwich or small snack.
• Please do not attempt to have food delivered. It will not be allowed in.
• There must be at least one adult for every four volunteers under 18 years old.
• Children are welcome to the event, but please keep in mind that we are acting as a factory and there are a lot of equipment and movement.
• Your little ones can help by holding tools, turning wrenches, pushing bikes, picking up trash in your area, etc. If they begin to get bored, please take a moment to step away and do things to keep them happy and safe.
6411 Laredo St.
Houston , Texas 77020