MiT: Weatherford Wellflo Software
This 1.5 day course is being provided by Weatherford for professional SPE members seeking employment (Members in Transition, MiT) only. Please bring your own laptop. The registration fee covers lunch for Thursday. Class time is 8-5 Thursday, and 8-noon Friday.
Course Description: The purpose of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and hands-on practice that you will need to use WellFlo software as an engineering tool for oil and gas production optimization applications. Using WellFlo software simulations that are based on nodal analysis performed under steady-state multiphase flow conditions, you will learn the skills that will enable you to solve design problems and to perform various analysis tasks.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to use WellFlo software to analyze, troubleshoot, design, and optimize well production.
- Design, construct, and analyze natural flowing as well as artificial lift well models.
- Identify or predict conditions in which a well will stop producing.
- Perform production optimization via system analysis on each component.
- Identify under-performing wells.
- Conduct sensitivity analysis on various components of a well system to ensure a robust design
- Evaluate liquid loading in gas wells
- Tubing sizing
- Determine potential depth of a gas injection valve
- Select a pump for maximum production, best pump efficiency, or optimum well flow conditions
- Generate VLP curves over a range of flowrates
- Determine ESP suction and discharge conditions over a range of frequency (Hz)
- Increase production as a result of overall production system analysis
1040 Schlipf Road
Katy , TX 77493