SPEI: Oil and Gas Reserves: The SEC Reporting Rules
REGISTER NOW: http://www.spe.org/training/courses/OAG.php
This course provides substantial detail and interpretation of the US Securities and Exchange Commission’s modernized rules for reporting oil and gas reserves.
- Discussions on classifying resources
- The SPE/WPC/AAPG/SPEE Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS), which is the basis for many of the new SEC reserves definitions
- The effects of the new rules on nontraditional resource disclosures
- Recommendations for adapting to the new rules
- Lectures and discussions are included, with more than half of the time devoted to solutions from class problems and exercises.
- The course workbook includes relevant publications of the SEC, SPE, and the Financial Accounting Standards Board.
- This course information has been updated to include the latest changes in SEC rules and regulations.
This course will help engineers, geoscientists, and business managers correctly interpret and apply the SEC’s modernized oil and gas reserves reporting rules. It will provide useful comparisons of the SEC rules with the SPE/WPC/AAPG/SPEE/SEG Petroleum Resources Management Systems definitions.
Who Should Attend
Anyone in the petroleum industry who deals with the reporting of oil and gas reserves will benefit from this course.
Attendees must bring laptops to class.
1.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) are awarded for this 2-day course.
SPEI Houston Training Center
10777 Westheimer Rd., Suite 1075
Houston , TX 77042