SPEI: Unconventional Completions - Wellbore Completions and Fracturing
REGISTER NOW: http://www.spe.org/training/courses/UCS.php
This course develops strategies for completing unconventional wells that require multistage hydraulic fracturing. This course defines completions as both the wellbore completion and they hydraulic fracturing. Participants will learn the different types of wellbore completion options as well as the hydraulic fracturing options and how they compare in different applications. This will include plug-and-perf, ball-activated systems, coiled tubing-activated systems, fracturing fluids, proppants, additives, and general fracturing theory and design.
- Wellbore completion options for unconventional reservoirs
- Wellbore completion comparison for unconventional reservoirs
- Application specific solutions for wellbore completion design
- General fracturing theory and design
- Selection of fracturing components – fluids, proppants, etc.
- Fracturing challenges – proppant transport, conductivity, frac geometry, etc.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the benefits and considerations for each type of wellbore completions
- Recognize that certain completions have made benefits in some applications
- Understandthe purpose of a fracturing job
- Identify the application specific challenges for a fracturing job
- Account for the challenges in the fracturing design
Introductory to Intermediate
SPEI Houston Training Center
10777 Westheimer Rd., Suite 1075
Houston , TX 77042