SPEI: Shale Selection, Completions, Fracturing, and Production
REGISTER NOW: http://www.spe.org/training/courses/SSC.php
This course acquaints participants with the basics of oil and gas shale evaluation and current shale selection, well completion, fracturing, and production technologies for shale reservoirs. The interactive format includes field data, current approaches and use of technologies suited for shale developments. Technologies include logging, frac interval selection, multistage fracturing in horizontal wells, and a summary of field data from many shale plays.
- Candidate selection criteria to identify shale “sweet spots”
- Complex fractures and role of geomechanics
- Well orientation, optimum length and perf cluster design
- Optimizing well completions and stimulations
- Fracturing risk estimation: strengths and areas to improve
- Water sources, treatment, reuse and disposal
- Predicting production, estimating decline and well start-up suggestions
- Surface equipment and production operations
Why You Should Attend
The technology for recovering oil and gas reserves from shale is changing the face of the industry worldwide. If shale reserves are part of your portfolio, this course is for you.
Who Should Attend
This course is for all well completion and production engineers, managers and geologists working with shale reserves.
1.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) are awarded for this 2-day course.
SPE Houston Training Center
10777 Westheimer Suite 1075
Houston , TX 77042