SPE 2013 Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE)
Since its first conference 89 years ago, the Society of Petroleum Engineers’ Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE) has attracted more than a half million of the E&P industry’s greatest minds from more than 50 countries around the world.
Technical sessions, presented concurrently with an exhibition, focus on all phases of oil and gas exploration and production. Special events allow E&P professionals to network with colleagues from around the world and celebrate key successes in the industry.
Top Reasons to Attend ATCE 2013
ATCE 2013 is one of the best ways that you can gain technical knowledge and make valuable contacts, while saving on consulting and research costs. Here is why you should attend.
- 400+ peer-selected technical papers covering current applications and future technologies
- Focused technical content and special events on every discipline in the E&P industry
- 400+ exhibiting companies showcasing the latest technologies, new product launches, and valuable industry services
- Numerous networking events
- Student and young professional activities
- Pre- and post-show training courses
ATCE also offers the opportunity for SPE volunteers to share best practices for their committees and sections.
How to Justify Your Attendance
Here are some tips on getting employer support to attend ATCE 2013:
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation to your colleagues to share what you learned. That way, others on your team will gain the benefits of your attendance.
- Explain what you plan to get out of attending and how that will benefit your company.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
- Offer to share a room to reduce hotel expenses and/or utilize our complimentary hotel shuttle service to avoid renting a car.
- You receive continuing education credits for attending.
- If you are an SPE member, you can take advantage of discounted registration.
- Attending an SPE training course after ATCE can maximize your time spent traveling for continuing education.
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
900 Convention Center Blvd.
New Orleans , LA 70130