SPEI:Unconventional Completions - Wellbore Completions and Fracturing
REGISTER NOW: http://www.spe.org/training/courses/UCS.php
This course develops strategies for completing unconventional wells that require multistage hydraulic fracturing. This course defines completions as both the wellbore completion and they hydraulic fracturing. Participants will learn the different types of wellbore completion options as well as the hydraulic fracturing options and how they compare in different applications. This will include plug-and-perf, ball-activated systems, coiled tubing-activated systems, fracturing fluids, proppants, additives, and general fracturing theory and design.
- Wellbore completion options for unconventional reservoirs
- Wellbore completion comparison for unconventional reservoirs
- Application specific solutions for wellbore completion design
- General fracturing theory and design
- Selection of fracturing components – fluids, proppants, etc.
- Fracturing challenges – proppant transport, conductivity, frac geometry, etc.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the benefits and considerations for each type of wellbore completions
- Recognize that certain completions have made benefits in some applications
- Understandthe purpose of a fracturing job
- Identify the application specific challenges for a fracturing job
- Account for the challenges in the fracturing design
Introductory to Intermediate
Why You Should Attend
In the last seven years the oil and gas industry has seen significant changes in the price and supply of hydrocarbons, primarily due to new production from low-permeability unconventional reservoirs that require multistage hydraulic fracturing. As a drilling, completion, or reservoir engineer, it is important for you to understand the many options and challenges of completing these types of wells.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for drilling, completion, and reservoir engineers, and for service company personnel involved with planning, drilling, completing and operating well with multistage hydraulic fracturing. Engineers involved in designing wellbore completions and fracturing engineers wanting to learn about wellbore completions.
0.8 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) awarded for this 1-day course.
SPEI Houston Training Center
10777 Westheimer Rd., Suite 1075
Houston , TX 77042