Details on "Continuing Education - Oil Patch Orientation"
* Introduction/Outline of the Day
* The Economics & Future of the Petroleum Industry
* Theory of the Origins of Hydrocarbons
* Reservoir Parameters (eg: Porosity/Permeability)
* Geology of Petroleum & Geophysics
* Drilling Basics
* Well Logging
* Well Completions
* Reservoir Drive Mechanisms
* Production Equipment (sub-surface & surface)
* Midstream & Downstream Topics
This seminar is the most popular SPE program. The course is designed as non-technical audio-visual guided tour through the oil patch, illustrating the basic equipment and techniques used in the discovery, development and production of petroleum.
Hilton Houston Westchase
May 14, 2013, 8:30 a.m. - May 14, 2013, 5:30 p.m.