This is the first official meeting of the R&D Study Group. We held an exploratory meeting in November which was very well attended and now have SPEGCS Board approval for 2013. We will meet the first Thursday of the month.
Our Mission is:
- The mission of the R&D Study Group is to create a regular forum for learning, discussion and networking for oil & gas R&D, technology development and new product development professionals. We will be closely aligned with the SPE R&D Technical Section.
Our Goals are:
- To provide opportunities for members to:
- Promote R&D and technology development
- Discuss R&D methods, tools, structures and funding
- Enhance R&D people skills
- Hear R&D viewpoints from outside of the Oil & Gas industry
- Share Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Create networking opportunities
February Presentation summary:
Statoil Technology Invest (STI) is looking for young companies with exciting technology which will improve the effectiveness of Statoil's oil and gas or renewables operations. By making equity investments and active participation on the boards we help management accelerate their company’s development so as to become profitable and independent suppliers to Statoil and the rest of the Energy industry. STI forms a central part of Statoil’s Technology Commercialization unit which also runs Statoil’s LOOP program in Norway and UK, working with suppliers to fund new product developments required by our operations. Our portfolio consists of circa 20 equity investments and 20 LOOP projects, and we are actively looking for new investments.
Norris Westchase Center
9990 Richmond Ave., Suite 102
Feb. 7, 2013, 11:30 a.m. - Feb. 7, 2013, 1 p.m.