SPE Petroleum Reserves Estimation Workshop: Sharing the Vision
There is still time to register for the SPE Petroleum Reserves Estimations Workshop: Sharing the Vision. This workshop will be held in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil during 10-12 March 2009. Register now to take advantage of early registration discounts.
Members of the SPE Oil and Gas Reserves Committee and industry experts will gather in an open forum to discuss the revised classification, definitions, and guidelines included in the 2007 SPE/WPC/AAPG/SPEE Petroleum Resources Management System. It is an opportunity to
• Examine the new system in detail
• Identify key changes and the reasoning behind these changes
• Discuss the impact of implementing the new system
• Gain high-level direction on practical application
• Compare the system to existing regulatory guidance
• Discuss future directions in reserves and resource evaluation and reporting
The technical program is cochaired by Juan Molina of Petrobras and Bernard Seiller of Total. A short course, “Managing Your Business Using PRMS”, will be offered on Thursday, 12 March by John Etherington. This course is optional, and the price is not included in the registration fees.
Av. Sernambetiba 2630 Barra da Tijuca
Rio de Janeiro