The SPE Gulf Coast Section has teamed up with their friends at the SPE Calgary Data Science Engineering Analytics (DSEA) SIG, along with Untapped Energy, to organize a data event like no other! Driven by the desire to use real data to solve a real problem, to elevate data literacy and to make new professional connections, all while having fun!
Aged Oil and Gas wells represent an option for the transition to a low-carbon energy world and a future for drilling engineers. Geothermal is a suitable approach.
Joining this Geothermal datathon will bring you a:
- great energy industry dataset
- series of data science bootcamps for you to hone your data science skills.
- a datathon competition to test and prove your skills.
- opportunities to meet and work with fellow data enthusiasts to solve real-world problems.
- a series of great prizes
(Calgary MT/Houston CT)
April 20th - Event Kickoff - (5-6pm/6-7pm)
Welcome to all sponsors and participants, keynote speaker, presentations
April 22nd to May 24th - Bootcamps
Mini-courses, workshops, presentations
May 24th - Competition Registration Close - (11pm/12 midnight)
Participants entering the competition must register by the deadline
May 25th - Competition Launch - (5-6pm/6-7pm)
Start of datathon competition
June 18th - Competition Closes - (11pm/12midnight)
Teams to upload final presentations to Microsoft Teams
June 25th - Closing Ceremony
Final presentations, judges, prizes
To learn more and stay up to date with this event visit our website at www.speuntapped.com
- Team size: Teams should have at least 2 members and no more than 7 members.
- No Plagiarisation: Plagiarisation is not acceptable. Learning from existing resources online and using open-source code is accepted.
- Frameworks: You can only use open source frameworks or frameworks provided by the sponsors of GTX 2021.
- Open Source: The workflow, codes, and presentations prepared as part of GTX will be released as open source.
- Intellectual property: SPE and GTX Sponsors make no claim over intellectual property generated during the event.
- Data: Participants will have to agree to data sponsors rules and may be required to sign an NDA before accessing the data.
- Social Media Disclosure: By taking part in the event, you agree to allow SPE and GTX committee to include mention of your participation in the event, and to appear in photos and video of the event. Personal information will not be made public without individual consent.
- Rules: SPE and GTX committee reserve the right to change the rules at any time.