This is a Hybrid Event. If you Prefer Attending the Banquet Virtually Please Register here.
2020 SPE GCS Awards and Scholarship Banquet
The SPE- GCS gives over $100,000 annually in scholarships. The annual SPE-GCS Awards and Scholarship Banquet recognizes the high school seniors and college students who have received SPE-GCS or Communities in Schools – Houston scholarships for the 2020-21 academic year. The scholarship recipients and their parents are invited to attend. This is a fantastic opportunity to welcome outstanding students into the petroleum industry and to make a positive impression on members of the community. In addition, this event also recognizes our SPE Gulf Coast Section award winners and Gulf Coast North America Region award winners. Because the SPE-GCS Awards Banquet honors the accomplishments of our scholarship recipients, these recipients and their parents are invited to attend the banquet free of charge. Company table sponsorships make this banquet possible.
Here's the sponsor invitation letter.
Members of the Legion of Honor have served SPE for fifty years and will be honored for their long-standing commitment to our professional society. Due to COVID19, we recommend hosting a family watch party at home for each Legion of Honor member so they can participate virtually in the celebration and minimize the risk to their health.
COVID-19 PROTOCOL: To secure the health and safety of all attendees, SPE will apply the following new guidelines:
- Attendance will be limited by COVID19 room capacity to 100 attendees.
- Face masks will be required. One will be provided for you if you forget yours.
- Food and beverage servers will wear masks and gloves.
- Body temperature check will be required to enter the event
- The event area will be sanitized and supplied with hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes, and personal tissues.
- All participants will practice the 6 feet social distancing in ALL common areas.
- Tables will be set for a maximum of 6 attendees each.
- Please stay home and participate via the webinar option if you are not feeling well or if you’re in a high-risk group.
2020 Awards and Scholarship Committee
Sally Ebrahimzadeh, Triple Five Energy
Susan Howes, Subsurface Consultant and Associates, LLC
Buddy Woodroof, Core Laboratories
Alfiya Nikolaeva, Schlumberger
Gabrielle Morrow, Ryder Scott
Company Table Sponsorship Make this Banquet Possible
If you are interested, please contact:
Kristen Washam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sponsor letter here