This presentation will provide information on the following topics:
- Realistic expectations of proppant conductivity within high-productivity frac packs
- Fines migration and plugging potential
- Pressure loss within unstressed media - packed perforations and annular gravel packs
- Effective sand control in screenless completions
- Field studies, optimizing well productivity while maintaining effective sand control
- Additional considerations to optimize frac packs
These issues will be addressed, as well as the impact of completion design upon productivity. This presentation will also examine flow effects within porous media and the reconciliation of discrepancies between fracture lengths predicted with a model vs fracture lengths measured through well testing or decline curve analyses.
A handout will be distributed that describes 24 published field studies where productivity of frac-packed wells was improved with completion re-design.