Provide a forum for open discussion about career paths, skills and other topics of interest to SPE Young Professionals in R&D and technology/product development. The panel will consist of 4 people. We plan on having a senior level technical person, a HR person, a technical manager and a person with a combination of industry/academic experience. The format will be for each panelist to speak for 5 minutes on their career path. We will then kickoff the panel discussion with the following questions to the panel:
- What do you see as most important for an YP in terms of their career?
- What traits have you seen in successful R&D and technology/product development professionals?
- How would you coach an YP in terms of obtaining an advanced degree?
At the conclusion of the panel we will ask for feedback from the YP’s in the audience about what the industry needs to do to equip them for success. Questions we will pose to the audience will include:
- What can the industry be doing differently to help you be successful?
- What do you see as missing in the current body of knowledge to help you progress?
- How much support in terms of career planning do you feel is required?
The meeting will run from 11:30 to 2:00. The panel discussion will start at 12:00 and end at 1:30. The questions posed to the YP’s will run from 1:30 to 2:00. We look forward to seeing you at the session.