In this digital oilfield era, the sheer volume of data can be crippling without the use of well suited software tools built to enable: “intelligent” data mining, surveillance and analysis, and the automation of key operational and technical workflows so that production and operation personnel can focus their attention on qualified opportunities that actually increase and/or optimize production/operation efficiency.
This presentation discusses some key challenges and risks in implementing a digital oilfield initiative, and provides an overview of successful implementations using the right software framework technology specifically designed for efficient digital asset management.
- Data Integration, with minimum latency and no replication
- Field Automation
- Intelligent use of real time data
- Process Integration and workflow automation
- Reasonable Implementation time, less than 1 year
- Surveillance-by-Exception, timely and automated awareness of issues/problems
- Area analysis for opportunity detection and candidate recognitions
- The endless resources pit - Endless Projects with no built-in, short-term “success” gates.
- Limiting IT Infrastructure – an IT infrastructure inadequate to support a successful implementation.
- Key personnel commitment across business, operational and technical disciplines.
- Lack of clear, measurable project deliverables and performance matrix.
This presentation describes real life digital oilfield deployments, incorporating timely implementation of complex production surveillance and optimization workflow processes providing measurable operational improvements. The examples presented include practical solutions to the typical challenges of data integration, real-time data management, workflow automation, and business and technical integration required for desired organizational and financial outcomes.