Honors and Awards – Nominations are due Feb. 15, 2009
Peer recognition is an important aspect of every professional organization. SPE members make many outstanding and significant technical, professional, and service contributions to the petroleum industry. The SPE Honors and Awards Program recognizes these significant technical and professional contributions to the worldwide oil and gas industry and to the petroleum engineering profession and exceptional service to the Society and to the greater community.
Award committees appointed by the SPE President-elect and approved by the SPE International Board of Directors select SPE International award recipients. Nominations are accepted directly from the SPE membership and from SPE Regions. It is not necessary for a candidate to have received a Regional award to be considered for an SPE International award. Submit International award nominations to SPE staff at email@example.com. The deadline to submit SPE International Award nominations is February 15.
· Honorary Member
· Distinguished Member
· Anthony F. Lucas Technical Leadership Gold Medal
· John Franklin Carll Distinguished Professional Award
· Lester C. Uren Technical Excellence Award
· Cedric K. Ferguson Young Technical Author Medal
· Completions Optimization and Technology Award
· Drilling Engineering Award
· Formation Evaluation Award
· Health, Safety, and Environment Award
· Management and Information Award
· Production and Operations Award
· Projects, Facilities and Construction Award
· Reservoir Description and Dynamics Award
· DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal
· Distinguished Faculty Achievement
· Distinguished Service Award
· Public Service Award
· Young Member Outstanding Service Award
Award committees appointed by the SPE Regional Directors select SPE Regional award recipients. Nominations are accepted for SPE members within each region. Nominators do not have to be in the same region. Submit Regional nominations to the appropriate Regional Director, or to SPE staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit SPE Regional Award nominations is typically 15 February.