Digital Energy: Leveraging Hadoop for G&G Advanced Analytics

Speaker Vedant Jain, Solutions Engineer; Kelly Kohlleffel, Industry Executive - Hortonworks
Vedant is a key contributor on the Hortonworks solutions engineering team for oil and gas and works with a wide variety of customers and use cases in the areas of advanced analytics and enterprise data flows leveraging both the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) and Hortonworks DataFlow (HDF). Previously he was ...

Vedant is a key contributor on the Hortonworks solutions engineering team for oil and gas and works with a wide variety of customers and use cases in the areas of advanced analytics and enterprise data flows leveraging both the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) and Hortonworks DataFlow (HDF). Previously he was a consultant and software engineer for Avenues and JP Morgan Chase.


 


Kelly is responsible for driving the adoption of Hadoop and advanced analytics across all industry segments in oil and gas and provides leadership on solution strategies and go-to-market initiatives for Hortonworks. Previously, he was key account director in the oil and gas industry at Oracle Corporation with responsibility for all business lines and geographies leading a multi-product line team. With 25 years of experience in technology and twelve in the oil and gas industry, he has been integral in the establishment of key technology solutions in OFS, upstream, downstream and midstream companies. twitter: @kellykohlleffel linkedin: linkedin.com/in/kellykohlleffel blog: hortonworks.com/blog/author/kkohlleffel/

Full Description

 

Combining G&G datasets can be very time consuming and manual with up to 90% of a petrophysicist’s or geologist’s time spent in QC of logs, data quality review, and properly identifying the curves that were in the files to ensure that the correct information was being used to perform the analysis. That only leaves about 10% of the time available for the fun part, the analysis. In this session we’ll discuss and demonstrate how Hadoop and Advanced Analytics can assist in freeing up more time valuable analysis time for G&G groups.
 
Hadoop is well suited for the data discovery and data exploration required by the G&G community because as a centralized data platform it allows ingestion of all information for a single view. This includes structured data such as production and completion records, semi-structured data such as well logs, and unstructured data such as spreadsheets and PDFs. From this wide variety of datasets, a G&G user can create their own “path” to the data and combinations of datasets that they feel are most important for their analysis. Not being constrained to a prescribed path allows for complete freedom of data discovery by an individual, and allows the ability to ask questions that they hadn’t previously considered. From focused analysis on a small subset of wells or intense analytical processing on an entire basin or reservoir, Hadoop makes either scenario possible.

Organizer John Reichardt

When?

Wed, Dec. 16, 2015
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. US/Central

How Much?

A $5 donation for the SPE-GCS Scholarship Fund has automatically been added to the registration fee. Use OptOut in the Discount Code field if you do not wish to donate at this time.
Event has ended

Where?

Norris Conference Centers - Houston/Westchase
9990 Richmond Ave.
Houston, TX 77042
United States

Parking is complimentary. Any special dietary requests will be met upon request to the event contact.


For additional information please contact SPE-GCS DE SG Chair John Reichardt at john.reichardt@rpsgroup.com or 713-595-5121.

Refund Policy: You must notify the SPE-GCS office of your intent to cancel at least 24 hours prior to the event date to receive a refund. For all refund inquiries, email spe-gcs@spe.org. View our Terms & Conditions for more information.