Determine best use of GCS funds for recruiting, training and retaining engineers for the oil and gas E&P industry.
SPE-GCS Strategic Plan
- University Programs
- Preparation For Big Crew Changes
- K-12 Outreach
SPE-GCS Continuing Needs
- Elementary - Favorable impression / interest in math / science and oil / gas
- Middle School - Math - get through Algebra!
- High School - Industry interest / scholarships
- Junior/Community College - Untapped talent pool?
- University - Faculty, especially young / new
Mayde Creek High School Recruiting Fair
The SPE-GCS Education Committee is responsible for determining the best use of Gulf Coast Section funds for recruiting and retaining students to be engineers for the oil and gas industry. The Education Committee accomplishes this through support of various programs in the section's primary and secondary schools and engineering programs at the community college and university levels encouraging students to develop their abilities in math, science, and engineering through scholarships, internships, and outreach.